2020-2021 Letter to Parents
August 7, 2020
Dear La Union community, we want to welcome you to a brand new 2020 – 2021 school year. This school year is starting totally different than previous school years. Even though COVID-19 has affected us all, I will assure you that we will continue to provide and deliver the best academic services available to your children.
Teachers have already contacted parents and instructed/assisted with log on instructions for Remote Learning. If you are having problems or issues develop, please contact your child’s teacher. If ever an issue arises, always, the first person to contact is your child’s teacher. You can do this through the Remind App, e-mail or by calling school and leaving a message for the teacher. It is very important that we have current phone numbers and e-mail address to have a strong line of communication.
Assist your child with Remote Learning by:
- Making sure he/she is ready to attend class by 8:00 am. Morning attendance is taken at 8:00 am and afternoon attendance at 12:00 pm. Make arrangements with the teacher before an absence.
- No uniform is required, but appropriate dress code will be enforced.
- Camera rules will be in place to ensure class participation and attendance.
- Assignments must be completed and turned in to be graded.
- Have a designated learning space for your child.
- Assist your son/daughter if possible
- Have an open line of communication with your child’s teacher
La Union Elementary will assist students by:
- Providing a Chromebook or IPad to every student and a hotspot per family.
- Teachers will develop students’ digital skills as they teach content.
- Teachers will provide a minimum of 5.5 hours of instruction daily.
- Teachers will give Live Instruction in subject areas.
- Teachers will provide whole group and small group instruction throughout the day.
- Teachers will prepare students to work independently.
- Teachers will provide instruction using Google Classroom.
Vicente Sánchez Jr.